[oslc-core] Proposal: oslc:Query should become oslc:ResponseInfo

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Tue Apr 20 17:18:31 EDT 2010

The original intention for oslc:Query was that it should represent the
results of a query. However, we don't use it for that purpose. We now use
rdf:RDF for multiple subjects or a node element for the resource type as
the document roots in RDF/XML.

We do use oslc:Query to convey paging information via the oslc:nextPage
property. However, we might need to page any resource, not just the result
of a query.

Therefore, this resource should become a blank node of type, e.g.
oslc:ResponseInfo, because it really tells about about an HTTP response.
We can then use it in any response to indicate paging and potentially
other properties that are about the response.

Arthur Ryman, PhD, DE

Chief Architect, Project and Portfolio Management

IBM Software, Rational

Markham, ON, Canada | Office: 905-413-3077, Cell: 416-939-5063
Twitter | Facebook | YouTube