[oslc-core] Next WG: review UI Preview guidance

Dave snoopdave at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 15:37:20 EDT 2010

Scott Bosworth has written up guidance on a technique called UI
Preview that is used in some Jazz products (under the name "Compact
Rendering") and that could be very useful for cross-vendor tool
integration. Scott has done a great job of OSLC-izing the spec and
getting feedback from those with existing implementations:

   http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OslcUiPreviewDRAFT

I think we agree that UI Preview does not belong in the Core spec
(yet) and should instead become a Core WG approved "guidance"
document. So, to that end and unless there is objection to the idea, I
would like to use part of this week's OSLC Core Workgroup meeting to
review this document.

In preparation for the meeting (Wednesday as usual) please read over
the guidance DRAFT that Scott has prepared.

Thanks,
Dave