[oslc-core] olsc properties - "integer" value-type?

Arthur Ryman ryman at ca.ibm.com
Mon Apr 12 16:03:44 EDT 2010

Steve,

If the value of 'priority' is always a literal value then its range is a
datatype. The term "Complex" is used in the spec for resources, not
datatypes. Are you saying that a provider can decide whether the values
are either literal values or resources? Or by "Complex" do you mean it
might contain literal XML?

If the value is always a datatype, then the closest thing to XML "any" is
the rdf:XMLLiteral datatype since that allows any XML fragment.

The current spec has a multi-valued oslc:allowedValue property so I assume
you can specify multiple ranges for a property. The actual range is the
union of these ranges. If the value is sometimes a literal value and
sometimes a resource then you'd have to specify each possible range via an
oslc:allowedValue property.

Arthur Ryman, PhD, DE

Chief Architect, Project and Portfolio Management

IBM Software, Rational

Markham, ON, Canada | Office: 905-413-3077, Cell: 416-939-5063
Twitter | Facebook | YouTube