[oslc-core] OSLC Core spec status in brief

Dave snoopdave at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 15:23:40 EDT 2010

Over the past week we've resolved a lot of issues in the Core spec and
now is pretty good time for you to give the document another read.

   http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OSLCCoreSpecDRAFT

I had hoped to have all of the open issues resolved, but we still have
some open issues. Fortunately, it's a nice short list. Some of these
are questions that we still need to consider:

   - Do we need ordered property values?
   - Do we need a service provider catalog?
   - Do we need pre-filled creation dialogs?
   - Do we need oslc:message in delegated UI response?
   - Do we need to enable providers to specify the three OAuth URLs?

And some of them are work that remains to be done to the spec:

   - Add predefined namespaces in Service Provider
   - Add specification for omitted oslc.properties
   - Add POST for queries
   - Remove outside links to other OSLC specs
   - Allow alternative translations of property values in RDF/XML and JSON
   - Clarify what OAuth, 2-legged, etc. means
   - Add example of Resource Shape in representation sections
   - Add use of rdf:nodeId in RDF/XML rules
   - Fix RDF/XML and JSON representation problems
   - Add Turtle representation
   - Add Atom representation

At the current rate of work, I believe we'll probably need one or more
long sessions to review RESOLVED issues sometime next week.

Thanks,
Dave