[Oslc-communications] Feedback on Site Planning

Schulte, Mark D mark.d.schulte at boeing.com
Fri Jun 23 13:26:21 EDT 2017

From: Brian King [mailto:brian.king at koneksys.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 3:28 PM
To: Schulte, Mark D <mark.d.schulte at boeing.com>
Cc: Comm WG OSLC (oslc-communications at open-services.net) <oslc-communications at open-services.net>
Subject: Re: Feedback on Site Planning

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the input. See my answers inline...
When coming to the site, it has to be clear what OSLC is and what it is not. This can be
highlighted in the appropriate place, whether that be the home page and/or somewhere in the
About pages, e.g. FAQ.
[Note to reviewers - Please help add to these lists!]

See the attached document, which I used recently to talk about some recent 3.0 changes.  It contains info accumulated from Rainer, Jim, Axel and others over a period of time. Up front is some stuff on what is OSLC that may help you.

This is very helpful. I’ve seen some of this information before via Rainer’s slides and the current site, but some of it is new.

Does this mean you will sponsor the About site section and help me build it out?!

Mark – Sure

 We would like the site to enable these types of contributions. They may be translated into user
stories , but right now this is just a raw listing of ways to contribute to OSLC. These should help
to structure some parts of the site and surface up opportunities.
[Note to reviewers - What is missing?]

Reference Slide 16 in the attached presentation.

The main thing I see missing here, or it is not explicit, is coding contributions.

Mark – Correct.   Until you brought it up recently, I don’t think coding contributions were something we considered too explicitly.