[Oslc-communications] New Site Designs

Ersch, Rainer rainer.ersch at siemens.com
Thu Jul 13 06:03:48 EDT 2017

Hi Brian,
as promised, I had a look at the new site designs @ https://oslc.github.io/
I like it very much, it looks fresh and modern and has a clear structure.

Here are some comment/questions:

- the animation of the top banner is a little bit too fast for me. In general it’s good having it, but with the current frequency is too hectic.
  Is it possible to slow this down to: e.g. flip every 10s?

- in the top navigation bar I’m missing the topics like “SPECIFICATIONS”, “USER GROUPS”.
  I know we have talked about it, but meanwhile, I’m not  so sure that those currently listed are the right ones.
  I agree that we should limit the number of entries there, but we should have a  “MORE” entry for additional topics.
  I’d rather put “SPECIFICATIONS” or “USER GROUPS” on the top and put “RESOURCES” in “MORE”.

- “CONTRIBUTE”: do we have a good reason why we want to change “PARTICIPATE” to “CONTRIBUTE”?
  “Participate” sounds for me more like an invitation  whereas “contribute” is a bit demanding.

- topics on the lower part of the main screen: is this already the planned list of topics? Will there be subpages behind them?
  Why is “DISCOVER RESOURCES” so prominent?

- Do we want to have a “NEWS” section? Either as a little window like “The Latest” on the old page and/or an entry in main menu bar?

I did not open issues for the topics above, because I’m not sure what I would prefer myself, but I would be interested hear what the others think.

Bye and have a nice day
Rainer