[Oslc-communications] [oslc-communications] OSLC Conference 2013 #2 Meeting, Fr. 08th March 2013, 15:00 - 16:00 (GMT)

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 5 20:11:43 EST 2013

I plan to make the call on Friday but thought I'd share a few
thoughts.....

Here's a cool tool for finding a "middle point"
http://a.placebetween.us/?search=Coffee&address1=Toronto&address2=Raleigh%2C%20NC&address3=London&address4=London&address5=Munich&address6=Vancouver&address7=Beaverton
  - I entered some points already

I'm not a fan of either name choice...perhaps we should take to social
media instead of doodle?  Have @oslcNews ask the community, use
twitpolls.com?  I prefer "OSLC Connect 2013" or "OSLC Summit" (would be
good to get "integration" thought into name).

Another idea is to run with it a "plug-fest" or "connect-a-thon", some
session where implementers show up with OSLC consumers and providers, try
to connect them up.  Some other groups have done something more elaborate
like an "Interoperability Showcase" in healthcare see
http://interoperabilityshowcase.org

That is just some quick thoughts for now.  Sounds interesting!

Thanks,
Steve Speicher
IBM Rational Software
OSLC - Lifecycle integration inspired by the web ->
http://open-services.net