[oslc-cm] [Oslc-Automation] Some comments on Actions spec (most from CM perspective)

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Thu Jan 30 12:39:00 EST 2014

I'd say that's spec text and a resource shape, not a *type* definition.
Which is fine, just different.
By "type* definition" I mean the definition of the vocabulary term
oslc:StateTransitionAction: I mean what you'd find in its RDFS
description.  I sure hope I don't find anything about *:targetState  in
there, except perhaps a seeAlso link.  What I should find is
how/when/where/not to use it, regardless of any other terms that I mix it
together with.

Then (if I was in a minimalist state of mind, which is where this
threadlet started), I'd compare the type definition for :Action and :
StateTransitionAction, and ask if there was any clear meaningful
distinction.  If not, why two instead of one?  or zero? (although for the
last question I at least could formulate what seems to me like a
reasonable answer).