[oslc-cm] Providing additional types of "change request"-like resources

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 7 13:30:35 EST 2013

Paul,

Could you provide a bit more detail (scenario) of why these specific types
of resources are needed and a simple "Task" is not enough?

Thanks,
Steve Speicher
IBM Rational Software
OSLC - Lifecycle integration inspired by the web ->
http://open-services.net

<oslc-cm-bounces at open-services.net>
> Date: 11/29/2012 02:15 PM
> Subject: Re: [oslc-cm] Providing additional types of "change
request"-like resources

> +1,  I would also like to suggest QualityManagementTask and ReviewTask
as well.

> Best wishes,
> Paul McMahan
> IBM Rational
>
> "Oslc-Cm" <oslc-cm-bounces at open-services.net> wrote on 11/29/2012
01:48:16 PM:

> > From: Steve K Speicher/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS
> > To: oslc-cm at open-services.net
> > Date: 11/29/2012 01:48 PM
> > Subject: [oslc-cm] Providing additional types of "change request"-
> > like resources
> > Sent by: "Oslc-Cm" <oslc-cm-bounces at open-services.net>
> >
> > Currently, the CM 2.0 defines only 1 rdf:type of resource and we all
know
> > and love that as oslc_cm:ChangeRequest.
> >
> > There are many other "kinds" of change requests, today we help guide
some
> > scenarios that are looking for these kinds of resources by using
> > oslc:usage with some known values [1],[2].
> >
> > Not having these usage identifiers be rdf:types has always been a
little
> > odd, for a number of reasons:
> > - Typical way of querying and inferring the type of resource relied on

> > non-standard ways
> > - Associating dialogs, factories, queries without these type is a bit
off.

> > We've already proven the need for these usage/type things.  So the
names
> > (ids) and concepts are still valid.
> >
> > My proposal:
> >         In 3.0, introduce these as additional subtypes
(rdfs:subClassOf

http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmSpecificationV2#Usage_Identifiers