[oslc-cm] ISSUE: unclear statement that oslc:serviceProvider property MUST be supported

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 21 10:32:31 EST 2013

This came up in review of Automation spec and traced its origin to CM, it
is hard to make sense out of this statement [1]:

"Service Provider Resources
...snip...
OSLC CM service providers MUST provide a oslc:serviceProvider property for
their defined resources that will be the URI to a Service Provider
Resource."

I don't know what this means that a provider MUST provider this property
but the ChangeRequest defines it as oslc:serviceProvider Occurs as
zero-or-many.  So I'd recommend that we relax this to a "MAY".

[1] -
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmSpecificationV2?Service_Provider_Resources

Thanks,
Steve Speicher
IBM Rational Software
OSLC - Lifecycle integration inspired by the web ->
http://open-services.net