[oslc-cm] Updates on severity/priority property definitions

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Tue Sep 11 10:19:16 EDT 2012

Steve K Speicher <sspeiche at us.ibm.com> writes:

> Olivier Berger <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu> wrote on 09/10/2012
>
>> Have you evaluated the mapping of current common bug trackers
>> configurations WRT the proposed severities or priorities ?
>>
>> I'm afraid these may not always map the existing defaults in bugzilla,
>> jira, mantis, etc. (which could be tweaked at instances by
>> administrators, most of the time).
>>
>> I'm not sure how that would fit, but there can always be subclassing of
>> the cm:Priority and cm:Severity for local variants... and it would be
>> good the specs/docs illustrate how to do that for say, your local
>> FusionForge trackers ;)
>>

> Not in much detail for some time but agree we should flush this out.
> Picking JIRA, RTC, Bugzilla and Mantis seem like a good set...volunteers?
>
>> Btw, Wishlist/"Feature request" is sometimes a particular severity,
>> IIRC, so implementers would have to pay attention to that particular
>> case of course.
>
> Right, do you have any samples of this?  I could dig around I suppose.

Hmm... I happen to use FusionForge trackers from time to time, and it
seems we have severities : 'blocker', 'critical', 'major', 'normal',
'minor', 'trivial' or 'enhancement' for instance... but we also have
feature request trackers... so... I don't know.

In any case, this can be customized on a per tracker most probably.

Hth.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER