[oslc-cm] Updates on severity/priority property definitions

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Mon Sep 10 17:09:42 EDT 2012

Hi.

Steve K Speicher <sspeiche at us.ibm.com> writes:

> Sam and I had a working session with Arthur Ryman on the proposal to add
> priority and serverity to OSLC-CM [1].  I think we have a good proposal
> the handles most if not all scenarios.
>
> To make it easier to view the differences, I created a new section
> "Details (New)" with the new proposal that has these new and nice
> qualities:
> - Introduced class of cm:Priority and cm:Severity. cm:priority has a range
> of cm:Priority and cm:severity has a range of cm:Severity.
> - CM spec defines 4 instances of cm:Severity as: cm:Major, cm:Normal,
> cm:Minor, cm:SeverityUndefined (names could be tweaked)
> - CM spec defines 4 instances of cm:Priority as: cm:High, cm:Medium,
> cm:Low, cm:PriorityUndefined (names could be tweaked)
> - Any custom value should be of type cm:Severity or cm:Priority
> - To relate OSLC-defined values to custom ones, we'll use the predicate
> skos:narrower
>
> Let's plan on discussing at the September 13th telecon.
>
> [1] - http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmPropsSeverityPriority

I may not be available for the telecon, and sorry if I missed past
discussions on the subject (a bit too far away from OSLC these days).

Have you evaluated the mapping of current common bug trackers
configurations WRT the proposed severities or priorities ?

I'm afraid these may not always map the existing defaults in bugzilla,
jira, mantis, etc. (which could be tweaked at instances by
administrators, most of the time).

I'm not sure how that would fit, but there can always be subclassing of
the cm:Priority and cm:Severity for local variants... and it would be
good the specs/docs illustrate how to do that for say, your local
FusionForge trackers ;)

Btw, Wishlist/"Feature request" is sometimes a particular severity,
IIRC, so implementers would have to pay attention to that particular
case of course.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
--