[oslc-cm] Updated State Predicates Proposal

Samuel Padgett spadgett at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 20 18:32:01 EDT 2012

> From: Paul McMahan/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS
>
> The consumer needs to know if state predicates are supported because
> otherwise the query results could be unpredictable.   For example, if a
> consumer sent a query like oslc.where="oslc_cm:closed=true" then one
> service provider might include ALL of the change requests in the result
but
> another service provider might include NONE, depending on their
> interpretation of the spec.

Hey, Paul. My understanding of this scenario is that the query should never
return any results if the provider doesn't support predicates because no
resources will ever have that triple. I don't think it's ambiguous,
although I agree some providers could get it wrong.

We could offer that guidance here in the CM spec, but I still feel it
should be in the Core query spec since it's not specific to predicates. It
applies to any property that a particular provider doesn't support. We
still have an open Core issue on this, Issue 42 [1].

I agree with Steve that the simplest way is to use
oslc.select=oslc_cm:closed and see if the triples are in the response.

[1] http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OslcCoreV2Issues