[oslc-cm] OSLC at Innovate 2011 (June 5 - 9)

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 29 07:46:54 EDT 2011

Dear CM members,

I’d like to tell you about the OSLC related activities that are being
planned for the Innovate 2011 conference in Orlando, Florida (June 5–9).

In addition to visibility in the keynote presentations (‘Integration’ will
be a key message throughout the conference), there are at least 14
breakout sessions that include OSLC content including experiences in
implementing and deploying integrations using OSLC, featuring members of
this community. On Tuesday 7 June, I will be running a technical workshop:
‘Enable Tools for Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration in a Day’.
I've started to summarize OSLC activities at Innovate on the wiki at
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OslcAtInnovate2011 (please update
as needed).

New this year will be a OSLC-focused interoperability center in the
exhibit hall that focuses demonstrations of how OSLC is being used to
implement integration scenarios across IBM and IBM business partners.

On top of sessions, there will also be opportunities for networking and
discussion with community members and other conference attendees with an
interest in OSLC; and a chance to see how OSLC is being used by IBM and
IBM business partners. We are planning an evening ‘Birds of a Feather’
session on OSLC.

In order to recognize OSLC community members at the event and to raise
visibility of, and foster conversations around OSLC, we plan to have
conference badge ribbons with the slogan “OSLC: Let’s Integrate” that will
help identify those attendees who are interested in promoting OSLC and
sharing their experiences.

To find general information about Innovate 2011 please visit:
http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/innovate/  During registration, be
sure to enter "OSLC" in the suggested topics for the Birds of a Feather.

If you have any questions about or further ideas on how to raise the
visibility of OSLC at Innovate 2011, please don’t hesitate to reach out to
me. Looking forward to seeing you there.