[oslc-cm] OSLC Tutorial status (was Re: OSLC CM WG Minutes April 13...

Dave snoopdave at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 15:53:33 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Steve K Speicher <sspeiche at us.ibm.com> wrote:
> OSLC Tutorial out for review, consumer focused - contact Dave if you want access
> to comment Reviewed approach on service provider tutorial, got feedback that
> current plan is best: build fascade onto existing tool (java  api to Bugzilla)

Just in case you lost the URL, here's the link to the OSLC Tutorial in
Google Doc form:
   https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=168GlmdArN5vn2j_yu5eyMEv0Krm_xJHvfTYhdV0A0fA

And again: if you're interested in being a reviewer, then please let
me know and I'll make it so you can leave comments and ask questions
in-line within the document.

Current status: Part 1 is available which covers OSLC consumer things:
showing UI Previews and using Delegated UI to create and select
resources. I think it also needs a section on HTTP operations.

This week, I'm working on Part 2, which explains how to OSLC-enable a
defect tracking system using an "adapter" approach, and uses Bugzilla
as the system to be enabled. The adapter is a Java webapp that
provides OSLC-CM, and then uses the Bugzilla XML-RPC web services API
to translate to and from Bugzilla. I hope to get the Bugzilla Adapter
and Part 2 out over the next two weeks.

- Dave