[oslc-cm] Proposed language / modifications to "Range" definition

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 24 13:58:50 EDT 2010

Last core meeting I took an action to propose some changes to domain
specifications on how "Range" should be used for relationship properties
that were not "closed".  Where not "closed" implies that  other kinds of
resources could potentially live at the other end of the URI reference.
The need was to make sure that consumers knew that the intent of the
relationship was to loosely coupled and open, therefore encouraging
clients to be flexible in handling the de-refencing of these relationship
URIs.

Here is a sample of the change for the CM spec [1] and the
relatedChangeRequest relationship property:

New proposed changes::
        Range: any
specific meaning. The value of this property MAY refer to another
oslc_cm:ChangeRequest resource.

Original:
        Range: oslc_cm:ChangeRequest
specific meaning.

Note: I made the change in the spec [1] for only the one property

Looking for feedback on this proposed change.

[1] http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmSpecificationV2