[oslc-cm] [oslc-core] Provided guidance for adding relationship labels

James Conallen jconallen at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 1 09:44:30 EDT 2010

Good point.

I wonder if it is then appropriate to provide some guidance on the use HTTP
cache control - i don't think etags will help here.

So, if a provider wants to cache some information about the object
resource, like the title (using Steve's example), that server should also
look for an Cache-Control header and then decide if it can cache the
information, and if it can, how long it can cache it.  (this information
can also be stored in the reified statement).

while all this can be done, and presumably to address expected performance
issues, i still think the guidance should be to refrain from using link
annotations to describe information about the target (object), and instead
only use it to describe the link itself..

<jim/>

jim conallen
CAM Lead Architect
jconallen at us.ibm.com