[oslc-cm] OSLC Change Management 2.0 Specification is in Convergence and Ready for further Review

Frank Schophuizen fschophuizen at gmail.com
Sun May 23 16:19:06 EDT 2010

The following remark on the
CmSpecificationV2<http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmSpecificationV2>section
is about the
*State Predicates* section, in particular this sentence

"Status" specifies the location of a Change Request in a workflow

The spec does define the oslc_cm:status property of a Change Request
Resource, but there is no definition of a workflow. The introduction does
explain part of the problem though in:

The problem is that different CM service providers use different properties
> (or even a set of properties) and different values to represent the change
> request's state. Even providing access to meta data does not help because
> knowing all possible state values does not reveal the semantics of a state.

My remark is that even if you don't know the semantics of each individual
status value, shouldn't there be at least a way to interrogate the server
about the workflow. In other words, what good is it to know a location if
you don't know the coordinate system for locations?

Frank.

--
TOPIC Embedded Systems
P.O. box 440, NL-5680 AK Best