[oslc-cm] State changes and transitions

Scott Bosworth bosworth at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 10 15:10:08 EST 2010

I was not able to attend the CM call today but read with interest Andre's
proposal for dealing with change request state change (
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmStatesAndTransitions ). The
proposal reminded me a bit of Dave's proposal in the Core spec on partial
update (http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OSLCCorePartialUpdateDRAFT
), using "commands" on POST for example to update multi-value properties.
Different topics, but I wondered if there are or should be similarities in
Andre's notion of actions with Dave's notions of commands? Is this a
stretch?

Also, the discussion on partial update may be relevant to the Robert's
proposals on Comments (http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmComments),
especially if the multi-value property approach is taken...Scott

Scott Bosworth | IBM Rational CTO Team | bosworth at us.ibm.com | 919.486.2197
(w) | 919.244.3387(m) | 919.254.5271(f)