[oslc-cm] Proposed values for "usages" identifies for factories and dialogs

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 24 10:44:10 EDT 2010

To follow up from an action yesterday, I was to propose how we could
leverage "usages" [1] to better allow for programmatic access by clients
for certain scenarios.  Please provide some feedback on this approach and
the list of usage identifiers

I see 3 primary cases (with usage identifiers):
1. "defect" - Used by QM tools in reporting defects.  Find and fix a
defect scenario.
2. "planItems" - Used by QM and PPM tools for tracking and plannings.
Agile planning of a change request scenario.
3. "requirementsChangeRequest"  - Used by RM tools for tracking
requirerments chagnes.  Change management of requirements scenario.

The <oslc:usage> is optional and intended to be a *hint* to clients as to
the purpose of creation factories, query capabilities, creation dialogs
and selection dialogs

To support these cases, an entry for a 2.0 oslc:ServiceProvider could be
represented in this way:

<oslc:service>
  <oslc:Service>
    <oslc:domain>http://open-services.net/ns/cm#</oslc:domain>
    <oslc:creationFactory>
      <oslc:CreationFactory>
        <dc:title>Location for creation of ChangeRequests that are
Defects</dc:title>
        <oslc:label>Defect</oslc:label>
        <oslc:creation rdf:resource="http://example.com/defectFactory" />
        <oslc:shape rdf:resource="http://example.com/crShape" />