[oslc-cm] V2 specs comments [long]

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Tue Jun 22 09:51:16 EDT 2010

Hi.

Thanks for having taken into account our feedback, and the responses
provided. I'm clarifying a few of the still unclear ones bellow.

Le samedi 19 juin 2010 à 15:05 -0400, Steve K Speicher a écrit :

> Olivier Berger <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu> wrote on 05/27/2010
> 09:15:48 AM:

SNIP

> > * Base requirements / Compliance : which OSLC-Core version explicitely ?
> > (1.0 ?) must OSLC-CM V2 be compliant with ? (I assume not any later
> > version without OSLC-CM version increment ?)
>
> I am not sure I understand the issue here.  The current draft says that it
> depends on Core 2.0. Are you suggesting that is should state "at least"
> Core 2.0?

No, I think these should be exact versions dependencies more probably...
In any case, maybe this has evolved in between and if now version is
mentioned, then fine ?

> ISSUE logged to track this

OK, let's see what others think... I had no real clear idea of version
compatibility implementation issues, just wondered...

> > * Request and Updating Properties -> add ... Updating /RESOURCE/
> > Properties.
>
> I don't understand this comment, what are you proposing as a change?  Is
> it the need to qualify properties as being "Resource" properties?

I proposed to replace "Requesting and Updating Properties" by
"Requesting and Updating Resource Properties" IIRC.
Now, I'm not so much sure why this would improve... maybe properties
were ambiguous in the context. Would have to do a full re-read ;) Let's
forget about it.

Sorry about all the new ISSUEs that were created ;)

Best regards,

P.S.: going back to implementing automated tests for testing the REST
interfaces (CM 1.0)... ;)
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu>
Ingénieur Recherche - Dept INF