[oslc-cm] Implementations - Was: Re: OSLC Change Management Working Group Minutes July 28, 2010

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Fri Jul 30 03:04:51 EDT 2010

Hi.

Le mercredi 28 juillet 2010 à 14:42 -0400, Steve K Speicher a écrit :
>     * Will declare final when:
>           o 2 Provider implementation reports received
>           o 1 Consumer implementation report received
>           o All CmSpecificationCovenantV2 have been received (2
> outstanding/in-progress)
>           o WG will review impl reports and make decision on whether specs
> are considered implementable and interoperable
>           o Hope to achieve by 18-Aug

Can you provide more details on which implementations will support
OSLC-CM 2 ?

(At least) One open source application being a consumer would be great
to help spread the standard, IMHO. Is Mylyn going to be this ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

P.S.: I again heard this week some one say... "what OSLC standard ? ...
I've been in the interoperability thingy for years and never heard of
it... blah, blah" (on one Debian related ML)... of course not everyone
interested in ALM tools loves Open Source (and the other way around),
but I think more promotion (more implementations) will be needed until
the specs can reach all potential stakeholders ;)

P.P.S: on the other hand I entered a meeting room to discuss a future
project proposal without any details (but the list of participants, with
whom I hadn't had contacts before), only that it would deal with ALM and
Open Source, and... suddenly, OSLC was at heart of many slides ! Happy
coincidence... or the realization of a best prepared plan :-)

Long live OSLC !
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu>
Ingénieur Recherche - Dept INF