[oslc-cm] Changes to V2 ChangeRequest resource properties -- IMPACT TO IMPLEMENTERS

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Mon Jul 26 13:45:08 EDT 2010

After further review of usage and intent of some of CM's properties, I'm
proposing these changes to the CM 2.0 spec:

1. Re-purpose "dcterms:title" property to be named "oslc:shortTitle"
2. Drop the usage of "dcterms:abstract" name and replace with
"dcterms:title"

For example, we'd now have:
      <dcterms:identifier> 00002314 </dcterms:identifier>
      <oslc:shortTitle>Bug 2314</oslc:shortTitle>
      <dcterms:type> Bug </dcterms:type>
      <dcterms:title> Provide import </dcterms:title>
      <dcterms:description>
         Implement the system's import capabilities.
      </dcterms:description>

Note: identifier doesn't have to be in the shortTitle, this is up to each
service provider to determine the best shortTitle for each of its
resources.

See http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmSpecificationV2

Please let me know immediately of any issues with this proposed change.