[oslc-cm] Follow up on open action items: usage=task/planitem and PATCH no longer as a MUST requirement

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 14 23:43:22 EDT 2010

I have followed up with outstanding 2 open issues and have proposed
resolutions:

# Validate that oslc:usage of "task" is suitable for "planitem".
I validated that there are really 2 separate concepts: planitem is
something that is "planned", while a task is something that is "executed".
Proposed resolution: have both "planItem" and "task" usage types.  I have
updated the spec with some updated wording.

33.  RESOLVED Partial Update is currently a MUST requirement but recent
spec has been published, concerns on cost/complexity as a MUST
(SteveSpeicher, 07/07/2010)
    * Response Propose to lower the requirement to a SHOULD.
(SteveSpeicher 07/13/2010)
  NOTE: I've opened another issue on how a client can easily determine if
PATCH is supported by a service provider or not.  I plan to have a
proposal by end of the week.