[OSLC-CM] Test suites / validation - Was: Re: [OSLC] OSLC Change Management Working Group Minutes January 20, 2010

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 22 14:25:14 EST 2010

On Jan 22, 2010, at 3:22 AM, "Olivier Berger"
<olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
 > wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Sorry for not attending the meeting... I'm much more able to use
> asynchronous communication media.
>
> Le mercredi 20 janvier 2010 à 16:30 -0500, Steve K Speicher a écrit
>  :
> >       * Request for taking about test suites and validation at
> future
> >         meeting
>
> I assume this was s/taking/talking/ ? (have corrected in the wiki) ;)
thaks ;)

> If so, we're very much interested (in order to test the Mantis
> implementation).
>
> I think it is important that a freely available test suite be
> available
> on the consumer side, in order to help people interested in testing
> their provider implementations.
+1

> It seems that Mylyn's internal libraries may allow providing such an
> Open Source implementation, provided that these work out of Eclipse
> (which seems to be the case more or less, since the first unit test
> classes that are provided have helped us test this on the CLI).
I agree it would be good to leverage this work. I've thinking about
what the right test framework would be for this: java is nice choice
in that can provide low-level control needed.  Some issues with
JavaScript based is same origin policy / proxy setup, though if it can
work be nice to have a zero-install test suite.  Anyone have any
thoughts or preferences with a provider test suite.
> Now, I can  eventually see 2 concerns with these :
> * dependency on too much Eclipse code (are there OSGi bundles with
> well
> defined interfaces / services for this) ?
Agree should just require jre + a few required libs
> * license issues (Eclipse license) ?
Do you have specific concerns with this license?

> Looking forward to your comments on this.
>
> Just my 2 cents, and sorry if this is duplicate with things already
> talked about ;)
>
> Best regards,
> --
> Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu>