[OSLC-CM] Test suites / validation - Was: Re: [OSLC] OSLC Change Management Working Group Minutes January 20, 2010

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Fri Jan 22 03:22:39 EST 2010

Hi.

Sorry for not attending the meeting... I'm much more able to use
asynchronous communication media.

Le mercredi 20 janvier 2010 à 16:30 -0500, Steve K Speicher a écrit :
>       * Request for taking about test suites and validation at future
>         meeting

I assume this was s/taking/talking/ ? (have corrected in the wiki) ;)

If so, we're very much interested (in order to test the Mantis
implementation).

I think it is important that a freely available test suite be available
on the consumer side, in order to help people interested in testing
their provider implementations.

It seems that Mylyn's internal libraries may allow providing such an
Open Source implementation, provided that these work out of Eclipse
(which seems to be the case more or less, since the first unit test
classes that are provided have helped us test this on the CLI).
Now, I can eventually see 2 concerns with these :
* dependency on too much Eclipse code (are there OSGi bundles with well
defined interfaces / services for this) ?
* license issues (Eclipse license) ?

Looking forward to your comments on this.

Just my 2 cents, and sorry if this is duplicate with things already
talked about ;)

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu>