[OSLC-CM] RDF/XML syntax in the CM Service Description document

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 11 14:45:43 EST 2010

Olivier Berger <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu> wrote on 01/11/2010
10:04:39 AM:

> > Note, when a consumer requests application/rdf+xml on the service
> > description URL service provider implementations shouldn't return the
> > format specification for the service description document therefore
> > consumers should not depend on an RDF-parser for this.
> >

> I'm afraid I can't understand this last sentence. Isn't one supposed to
> expect XML RDF when asking XML RDF ? ... I'm missing the point.
>
> Would you care to explain that with another more detailed wording ?

Yes, I did make that sentence quite confusing :)

What I was attempting to say is that in OSLC-CM V 1.0, the service
description document is NOT RDF/XML.  Therefore, one should not expect to
use application/rdf+xml in the Accept: header for the GET request...this
would result in a 405, unless of course the service provider had their own
non-OSLC-CM version that was RDF/XML valid.
Long way of saying, we don't support RDF/XML in service descriptor, even
though some RDF/XML attributes exists in its definition.