[OSLC-CM] RDF/XML syntax in the CM Service Description document

Ferran Rodenas frodenas at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 19:53:57 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm confused about the XML syntax used at the CM Service Description
document. Is the intention of this specification to use the RDF/XML syntax?
If yes, I am not an expert but it seems that the document specification
doesn't follow the RDF convention, and, therefore, it isn't parseable by any
RDF-XML parser. For example, some errors/syntax I don't understand:

- Why don't specify rdf:resource attributes in url types? why not use
"<oslc_cm:url rdf:resource='./bug'/>" instead of
"<oslc_cm:url>./bug</oslc_cm:url>"?

- Multiple children of a predicate arc are not allowed in RDF: in
<dc:contributor><dc:title>...</dc:title><dc:identifier>...</dc:identifier><oslc_cm:icon>...</oslc_cm:icon></dc:contributor>
you must define a object blank node
<dc:contributor><rdf:Description>...</rdf:Description></dc:contributor> or a
new object/subject node
<dc:contributor><oslc_cm:Contributor>...<oslc_cm:Contributor></dc:contributor>

- There are some predicate arcs with attributes, and they can only appear in
the containing node element: <oslc_cm:changeRequests version="1.0">

Deeping in some other OSLC specs, I've found an example of a well-formed
RDF/XML document in the RM Service Description.

- Ferran