[oslc-cm] Multi-valued properties in Change Requests

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 17 10:35:26 EST 2010

Madhumita DHAR <madhumita.dhar at it-sudparis.eu> wrote on 02/17/2010
09:00:11 AM:

> In Mantis, we wish to implement multi-valued properties like links and
> notes. Acc. to the specs, a PUT request on a multi-valued property,
> would require the entire attribute collection, along with the new value,

> in the content. It would be the same situation for a DELETE.

Hi Madhumita,

In CM 1.0, there are really 2 ways to accomplish this:
1) PUT semantics as you stated and
2) POST'ing to @collref URL for that property

> http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmCollectionNeeds?
> sortcol=table;table=up;up=#Add_another_value_to_a_multi_val
> lists an alternative method through separate entry points for updation,
> deletion of multi-valued properties. However, its a proposal. I would
> like to know if there are plans for this proposal to be integrated in V2

> of the OSLC-CM specs.

This is only an early in-progress proposal at the moment.  Working with
other domain leads and others to have a better/consistent approach.  If
you have any thoughts on how better to support this, would like to hear.