[oslc-cm] Multi-valued properties in Change Requests

Madhumita DHAR madhumita.dhar at it-sudparis.eu
Wed Feb 17 09:00:11 EST 2010

Hi,

I have some questions about  multi-valued properties in Change Request.
Just to remind you, I'm working with Olivier Berger on the OSLC
implementation for Mantis.

In Mantis, we wish to implement multi-valued properties like links and
notes. Acc. to the specs, a PUT request on a multi-valued property,
would require the entire attribute collection, along with the new value,
in the content. It would be the same situation for a DELETE.

http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmCollectionNeeds?sortcol=table;table=up;up=#Add_another_value_to_a_multi_val
lists an alternative method through separate entry points for updation,
deletion of multi-valued properties. However, its a proposal. I would
like to know if there are plans for this proposal to be integrated in V2
of the OSLC-CM specs.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Madhumita DHAR <madhumita.dhar at it-sudparis.eu>