[oslc-cm] History of changes on a resource

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Fri Dec 17 12:22:15 EST 2010

Le jeudi 16 décembre 2010 à 13:16 +0100, Sabri LABBENE a écrit :

> In the OSLC Core specs, there is the "oslc:Discussion" ressource which
> seems to fit the requirement for "discussions" history around the change
> Request ressources. I find it suitable for "follow-ups/comments"
> definition. But, it lacks more information like the comment date and
> author (for these, we can use the same oslc properties we use for change
> request definition).

If I understand it correctly, the discussion is just a top-level
container for following oslc:Comment-s, which do contain dcterms:creator
and dcterms:created properties, thus matching your concern (see [0])

> > Your approach seems more reasonable in the short term ;)
> >
> > I'll think about the needs we have for this, and eventually come back
> > with more concrete proposal.
> >
> I propose to add to the previous few more ressources like:
> "oslc:History" ressource, wich informs about the followings:
>     - oslc:historyOf -> changeRequest ressource
>     - oslc:Change = a RESSOURCE that contain:
>         - oslc:property: the property that was changed
>         - oslc:oldValue: old value of the change request property
>         - oslc:newValue: the new value
>         - dcterms:contributor: the foaf:person who did the change
>         - dcterms:modified: a timestamps as the date when the change
> occured.

I'll try to investigate such a model, maybe more in link with the
Resource shapes terminology. Thanks indeed.

> There is also somthing missing which is the definition for an eventually
> attached file to the change request (widely used feature in bug tracking
> systems for instance). Currently I don't have a well defined schema for
> that.

As mentioned by Steve, the backlog at [1] already has some such plans.

Best regards,

[0] http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OSLCCoreSpecAppendixA#oslc_Comment_Resource
[1] http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmSpecBacklog#Attachments
--