[oslc-cm] Fixing up compliance summary table in 2.0 spec

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 18 14:53:12 EDT 2010

In reviewing the compliance summary table in 2.0 spec [1], I'd believe
these changes could safely be made:

#1 For the row:
    "Creation Factories MAY OSLC service providers MAY provide creation
factories to enable resource creation via HTTP POST "
Change from "MAY" to "MUST".  Later in the spec it states it is a *MUST*
requirement, so the table is not current with the intent of the spec. This
was also a MUST requirement for CM 1.0

#2 For the row:
   "OAuth Authentication MAY OSLC Services MAY support OAuth and can
indicate the required OAuth URLs via the service provider resource "
Change from "MAY" to "SHOULD".  The Core has this as "MAY" but I believe
the consensus of the WG is that we recommend OAuth as the preferred model,
therefore it should be a *SHOULD* requirement.

Please let me know immediately if there are any issues with these changes.

[1] http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmSpecificationV2#Compliance