[oslc-cm] Implementations - Was: Re: OSLC Change Management Working Group Minutes July 28, 2010

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Mon Aug 2 13:40:54 EDT 2010

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for the feedback, some comments inline

Olivier Berger <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu> wrote on 07/30/2010
03:04:51 AM:

> From: Olivier Berger <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu>
> To: Steve K Speicher/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS
> Cc: oslc-cm at open-services.net
> Date: 07/30/2010 03:05 AM
> Subject: Implementations - Was: Re: [oslc-cm] OSLC Change Management
> Working Group Minutes July 28, 2010
>
> Hi.
>
> Le mercredi 28 juillet 2010 à 14:42 -0400, Steve K Speicher a écrit :
> >     * Will declare final when:
> >           o 2 Provider implementation reports received
> >           o 1 Consumer implementation report received
> >           o All CmSpecificationCovenantV2 have been received (2
> > outstanding/in-progress)
> >           o WG will review impl reports and make decision on whether
specs
> > are considered implementable and interoperable
> >           o Hope to achieve by 18-Aug
>
> Can you provide more details on which implementations will support
> OSLC-CM 2 ?

At the moment Rational is actively working to support this across its 3 CM
tools: Team Concert, ClearQuest and Change.  In addition to these, there
is work to to consume the V2 services from a number of tools within IBM.
Mylyn/Tasktop and Oracle said they are looking to provide support and will
starting investigating some efforts once RTC public beta hits jazz.net
(around mid-August).
<insert normal disclaimer about plans may change, etc, etc>

> (At least) One open source application being a consumer would be great
> to help spread the standard, IMHO. Is Mylyn going to be this ?

See above

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards,
>
> P.S.: I again heard this week some one say... "what OSLC standard ? ...
> I've been in the interoperability thingy for years and never heard of
> it... blah, blah" (on one Debian related ML)... of course not everyone
> interested in ALM tools loves Open Source (and the other way around),
> but I think more promotion (more implementations) will be needed until
> the specs can reach all potential stakeholders ;)
>
> P.P.S: on the other hand I entered a meeting room to discuss a future
> project proposal without any details (but the list of participants, with
> whom I hadn't had contacts before), only that it would deal with ALM and
> Open Source, and... suddenly, OSLC was at heart of many slides ! Happy
> coincidence... or the realization of a best prepared plan :-)
>
> Long live OSLC !

Thanks this is very interesting feedback.  I have been seeing similar