[OSLC-CM] Mylyn Task attributes

Robert Elves robert.elves at tasktop.com
Mon Sep 14 13:25:46 EDT 2009

Hi Steve,

> Severity - what is the type of this field and is there an associated
> enumeration?  I see that Priority has PriorityLevel, I would have expected
> something similar

Currently the severity attribute is just a simple java String.  I'm not
certain that it belongs in this list since it should likely just be treated
as a regular extended attribute. Although part of the ITaskMapping, which
allows Mylyn to get such a field if it exists from the repository, it does
not have explicit representation on  ITask, nor is it given any explicit UI
representation (unlike priority).   One exceptions to this is the Bugzilla
Connector, where I've mapped Bugzilla severity to Task Kind, resulting in
'severity' icons decorating the task icons in the task list.  This is a
hack, and generally speaking other repositories have a first class 'Task
Kind' which translates into appropriate decoration in Mylyn's Task List
 (ITask.getTaskKind()).

> Comments - I don't see a place adding/viewing comments, are they considered
> another resource kind related to Tasks?

Yes, I'll post the comments and attachments api to the wiki page.

> History - do you have provisions how how to get this?  I know it isn't a
> direct property of a Task but would expect it to be a related resource

Mylyn does not currently have an api for retrieving task history (currently
this is delegated to the repository history web ui).  Some exploratory work
has taken place on this but only within the Bugzilla Connector and not at
the framework level.

Regards,

-Rob

--