[OSLC-CM] ATOM vs RSS/RDF (i.e. RSS 1.0) for collections of cm resources ?

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 21 15:06:50 EDT 2009

Olivier Berger <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu> wrote on 10/21/2009
11:56:52 AM:

> Has it been discussed using RDF Site Summary, aka RSS 1.0 which is RSS
> under the RDF format as a way to transport collections of resources
> instead of ATOM ?
>
> I could only find some mentions of ATOM here :
> http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/CmArchitecturalDirection?
> sortcol=table;up=#Architectural_Decisions_for_OSLC (and the site
> seems down ATM for further searches :-( )
>
> RSS 1.0 is RDF, so it would look a little bit more interesting to me (vs
> ATOM which is no RDF) in order to allow the transportation of
> collections of RDF resources that are in turn composed of properties
> relating to from multiple ontologies/schemas (i.e. OSLC-CM V1 + tool or
> domain specific extensions).

We can queue this up for an upcoming agenda.  Looking back, I believe that
pagination support and general support in products is what led us to ATOM
[1].  There is the possibility of supporting more as we evaluate options.
It would be good to get your feedback on another RDF/XML collection
discussion [2] in Metrics topic.

Thanks,
Steve

[1]