[OSLC-CM] Request for evolution filed for Mantis for support of OSLC-CM V1

Mik Kersten mik at tasktop.com
Wed Nov 25 14:05:01 EST 2009

Sorry for the slow reply.  Here’s a short summary of Tasktop’s goals and
directions.  We created and lead Mylyn, the de facto Eclipse integration
change management and increasingly other aspects of the ALM pie (eg, build
integration for Bamboo done previously, Hudson is planned; change set
support for CVS, SVN and ClearCase).  We support a broad large range of web
service and other APIs to manage a large number of integrations, and see
OSLC as the best approach to standardizing the web service layer.  Our focus
on OSLC is the rich client scenarios, especially around CM.  Our work on
OSLC is backed by commercial product efforts around OSLC (eg, the Mylyn
ClearQuest connector in Tasktop Enterprise).  We are interested in extending
our OSLC-based commercial product offerings, and as with all of our other
ALM APIs, we believe that it’s in everyone’s best interest to have a
definitive set of open source APIs for ALM.  As such are in the process of
moving our OSLC access layer from the commercial Tasktop implementation and
into the Eclipse Mylyn.  This will ensure that other organizations wanting
to build on OSLC via Java will be able to reuse these APIs rather than
having to create their own wrappers.  It will also help create an OSLC
interoperability layer directly in Mylyn.

Mik

--

Dr. Mik Kersten

CEO:  <http://tasktop.com/> http://tasktop.com