[OSLC-CM] Using triplify for minimal read-only implementation : GET of change requests

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Wed Nov 25 07:25:41 EST 2009

Le lundi 23 novembre 2009 à 08:47 -0500, Steve K Speicher a écrit :

> To be clear, implementations can always support more than what the
> spec states and still be conforming.  The intent of having the defined
> content types is so that consumers can depend on a minimal set, yet
> discover (content negotiation) any additional ones that are
> supported.

Good.

> > Still, that may be a first step towards OSLC-CM read-only support
> that
> > may help get feedback from the field.
> >
> > Any comments ?
> >

> As we try to be very scenario driven, I think it would help the
> understanding of the value of what you are doing if you could
> illustrate it with some scenarios.  Showing what is possible with this
> approach, that may not have been with previous ones.

I was merely thinking of a way to give a hint to people of what could
easily be done for them to move closer to supporting an OSLC-CM like
(read-only) API on their servers, should their tools not yet support
OSLC-CM.

I.e. by installing a set of triplify mappings on a bugzilla, one could
very easily provide an almost valid way to query the Change_Request RDF
descriptions of all their bugs... until someone hacks the real OSLC-CM
V1 plugin for Bugzilla.

(btw, we have something like a triplify config for bugzilla in our
public SVN that could be adapted to limit itself to OSLC-CM V1 DC terms
very easily)

> Overall I sounds very valuable and complimentary.

Thanks ;)

Regards.
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu>