[OSLC-CM] Using triplify for minimal read-only implementation : GET of change requests

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Mon Nov 23 08:47:22 EST 2009

Olivier Berger <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu> wrote on 11/23/2009
02:16:25 AM:

> I'm not sure this is a really interesting idea, but I've been thinking
> about using triplify (http://triplify.org/) as a way to provide content
> of servers for the minimal need of being able to retrieve change
> requests with GET.
>
> It's far from covering all of OSLC-CM V1, but nevertheless could help
> spread the word about the ChangeRequests representation for bugtrackers
> that would like to provide a quick implementation to be able to test
> with Mylyn for instance (once it's available with OSLC-CM V1 support).
>
> Triplify is able to respond to GET on requests URL providing RDF in n3
> representation (which is not the RDF/XML mandated by the specs : would
> this option be supported by OSLC-CM V1+ ?), and lists are no in ATOM,
> then... which also is not conforming.

To be clear, implementations can always support more than what the spec
states and still be conforming.  The intent of having the defined content
types is so that consumers can depend on a minimal set, yet discover
(content negotiation) any additional ones that are supported.

> Still, that may be a first step towards OSLC-CM read-only support that
> may help get feedback from the field.
>
> Any comments ?

As we try to be very scenario driven, I think it would help the
understanding of the value of what you are doing if you could illustrate
it with some scenarios.  Showing what is possible with this approach, that
may not have been with previous ones.

Overall I sounds very valuable and complimentary.