[Oslc-Automation] Actions 2.0 action on 8.2 (profile identifiers)

Martin P Pain martinpain at uk.ibm.com
Tue Sep 16 11:45:45 EDT 2014

For speed, I suggest we don't make them URIs, and avoid anything in the
text that makes them look like URIs (i,e. avoid using them as anchor
text).Any +1s/-1s/discussion on that?

Train of thought preceding that:

To me, the opening of that can of worms (John's email) suggests we should
not make them URIs. My example image had not intended to make them URIs,
although the fact that I had used them as links to other sections may
certainly have made that confusing.

If we didn't make them URIs, implementation documentation may well still
want to make the identifier a link to the description of that identifier -
which would be a link to the spec section.

Another approach would be to ask the question "if these might not change
between spec versions, why are they inside the spec, not
separately-versioned documents". Although they would then need to state
which version(s) of the interaction patterns they require... still a can
of worms.

If we can't do it properly, let's not do it at all. (Although I'm still ok
to give them string identifiers (cf dcterms:identifier)).

Martin

"Oslc-Automation" <oslc-automation-bounces at open-services.net> wrote on
16/09/2014 16:29:15: