[Oslc-Automation] "application/rdf+xml MUST be returned" (was: Actions 2.0 majority of already passed resolutions for updates based on Ian's feedback)

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 15 13:46:37 EDT 2014

I would suggest to remove the MUST on RDF/XML. As I believe with John's
point, Core typically doesn't enforce a format and domains have the
restriction.  Though this changes in 3.0 with LDP.  Since this is Actions
2.0 based on Core 2.0, which doesn't have the MUST, and Automation and/or
CM will be using Actions, then they can impose the MUST in 2.0 as they do
already.

Thanks,
Steve Speicher
IBM Rational Software
OSLC - Lifecycle integration inspired by the web ->
http://open-services.net

"Oslc-Automation" <oslc-automation-bounces at open-services.net> wrote on
09/15/2014 10:58:04 AM:

> From: Martin P Pain <martinpain at uk.ibm.com>
> To: John Arwe/Poughkeepsie/IBM at IBMUS
> Cc: oslc-automation at open-services.net
> Date: 09/15/2014 10:58 AM
> Subject: Re: [Oslc-Automation] "application/rdf+xml MUST be returned"
(was:
> Actions 2.0 majority of already passed resolutions for updates based on
> Ian's feedback)
> Sent by: "Oslc-Automation" <oslc-automation-bounces at open-services.net>
>
> For simplicity (to "stay out of the way") I suggest we remove the "does
not
> indicate a preference" sentence. Probably leave the MUST on having
RDF/XML