[Oslc-Automation] Actions 2.0 action on 8.2 (profile identifiers)

Martin P Pain martinpain at uk.ibm.com
Tue Sep 16 08:15:34 EDT 2014

Any idea/suggestions on how that would best be presented in the spec?
Perhaps like this image here?

(For those who are reading on the list in text-only mode, the image is
available here:
http://open-services.net/wiki/automation/622c751da3c971bab5d93ad0790ef8c0)
Additionally including the links between profiles & patterns (although
introducing redundancy) might help demonstrate the difference &
relationship between the two. But it might leave readers wondering "How do
I use that identifier? Does it relate to a URI I need in the
implementation somewhere?" if we go ahead with this, we should perhaps
include a suggestion of how to use the identifiers in [1] (i.e. "they will
look at the documentation and see that a consumer supports a given set of
profiles of the OSLC Actions specification, such as 'this software is an
OSLC Actions provider that supports OSLC Actions specification profile
'profile_post_rdf' ("POST RDF described by an oslc resource shape to the
action resource") for all actions'.") then make the word "identifier" in
the above image a link to that section.

Does anyone think this adds to or subtracts from the spec? I can
definitely see what Ian's getting at, perhaps it's just getting that
sentence in the previous paragraph correct - that is, the suggestion on
how to use the identifier.

[1]
http://open-services.net/wiki/core/Actions-2.0/#Why-are-profiles-only-identified-in-documentation-not-data

Martin

Ian Green1/UK/IBM wrote on 16/09/2014 12:11:54:

> From: Ian Green1/UK/IBM
> To: John Arwe/Poughkeepsie/IBM at IBMUS, Martin P Pain/UK/IBM at IBMGB
> Date: 16/09/2014 12:22
> Subject: Actions 2.0 action on 8.2
>
> Re [1] my thought on giving the profile a name is to make it
> unambiguous what profile is being supported.  I think it is vague to
> have to write out "POST RDF described by a OSLC Resource Shape to
> the Action resource". A concrete example would be that these are given a
URI