[Oslc-Automation] Proposal to address Ian's Core comment 7.5 ParameterInstance and content-type

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 9 12:53:31 EDT 2014

(original received after I left for vacation)

We have no scenarios and no current implementations that I'm aware of
advocating for non-RDF fixed-text message bodies.
We've thought it through far enough to recognize that there are
implementation options, some more and some less compatible in the general
case with the current scenarios calling specifically for bodies described
by RDF and the resource shapes we've chosen to address those scenarios.
I don't feel confident that we can make a long-term-right decision in the
absence of implementation feedback, so I tend to revert to the KISS
principle here.  We've done sufficient due diligence to believe that we're
not unnecessarily impeding later addition of support for them, so we stop
now (2.0 deals only with bodies described by RDF resources) and let the
future attend to itself in due time as motivated by the community.

Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure OSLC Lead