[Oslc-Automation] Changes applied, specs almost ready for finalization - Re: Minor comments to OSLC Automation 2.1

Martin P Pain martinpain at uk.ibm.com
Thu Nov 13 05:06:56 EST 2014

Proposed solutions for points 2, 3 & 4 have now been applied to the spec:
http://open-services.net/wiki/automation/OSLC-Automation-Specification-Version-2.1/

Tim, could you review these changes please?

Once we have resolved point 1, I believe we can put both Automation 2.1
and Actions 2.0 into finalization, thanks to Tim's review of Automation
and Ian's review of Actions.

Thanks,
Martin

"Oslc-Automation" <oslc-automation-bounces at open-services.net> wrote on
23/10/2014 09:46:05:

> From: Martin P Pain/UK/IBM at IBMGB
> To: oslc-automation at open-services.net
> Date: 23/10/2014 09:46
> Subject: Re: [Oslc-Automation] Minor comments to OSLC Automation 2.1
> Sent by: "Oslc-Automation" <oslc-automation-bounces at open-services.net>
>
> My responses/proposals are below. Where I have proposed changes (2,
> 3 & 4) could any workgroup members +1 them or suggest improvements.
> If no objections or improvements have been heard within a week, I'll
> consider them approved.
>
> > (1) Property "oslc_auto:usesExecutionEnvironment": Assuming an Auto
Plan as
> > more than one execution environments. If such a plan is executed (->
Auto
> > Request), how will the Service Provider know in which environment the
Auto
> > Plan should be executed? I assume
> > one solution is to specify this as an InputParameter, but maybe it
would be
> > good to mention this in this properties description?
>
> I think Umberto will have to respond to this one
>
> > (2) Property "oslc:futureAction": In the description it says "..will
become
> > available on Auto Results that execute this Plan...". Is this correct?
> > Doesn't an Auto Request execute the Auto Plan and the Auto Result only
> > represents the state (and final results) of this execution?
>
> I propose changing "Auto Results that execute this Plan" to "Auto
> Results that result from execution of this Plan", to make it a bit
clearer.

> > (3) "Resource: Dialog": I think this part is new in Auto 2.1, and I
don't
> > understand why this resource is only for deferred-execution. As far as
> > understood the immediate-execution should be also available via a
dialog,
> > so why isn't this described here at this point as well or split up
into
> > "Resource: Deferred Exec Dialog" and "Resource: Immediate Exec
Dialog"?

> That is a bit confusing, you're right. Only the last property in the
> table is specific to deferred execution dialogs - I believe the rest
> apply to all of them.
>
> I propose changing the introduction to that resource shape to from:
> "A deferred-execution creation dialog describes a delegated user
> interface (UI) which can be used to allow a user to interactively
> create a new Automation Request that is not immediately available
> for execution. Dialogs in general are defined by OSLC Core 2.0, and
> re-used here."
>
> to say:
> "Dialogs in general are defined by OSLC Core 2.0, and this
> specification defines two specific types of dialogs: the _immediate-
> execution creation dialog_, which can be used to allow a user to
> interactively create a new Automation request which is immediately
> available for execution, and the _deferred-execution creation dialog_
> , which create a new Automation Request that is not immediately
> available for execution, but which requires further work on the part
> of the consumer. "
>
> Also for the description for the "oslc:usage" property in that shape
> to be changed from:
> "An identifier URI for the domain specified usage of this dialog,
> for example a deferred execution creation dialog. It is likely that
> the target resource will be an oslc_auto:DeferredExecution but that
> is not necessarily the case"
>
> to say:
> "An identifier URI for the domain specified usage of this dialog.
> For example, for a deferred execution creation dialog this will be
> oslc_auto:DeferredExecution."
>
> And change this line in the table:
> "Core 2.0 Actions-defined Properties added to Dialog by Automation"
>
> to say:
> "Core 2.0 Actions-defined Properties added to Dialog by Automation -
> only used by the _deferred-execution creation dialog_."
>
> And also append this text to the end of the "oslc:binding"
> property's description on that shape:
> "This property is only used by the _deferred-execution creation
dialog_."

> > (4) Section "OSLC Actions and Automation / Discovering actions that
will be
> > executable after an Auto Requ completes": Text says "...If the Auto
Request