[Oslc-Automation] Actions 2.0 oslc:ContentFromRepresentation

Steve K Speicher sspeiche at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 19 10:47:57 EDT 2014

Replying to both John&Martin in 1.

JA> > What does the WG think about ditching oslc:ContentFromRepresentation
> > and re-using the Automation vocabulary term ParameterInstance in its
place?
Sounds fine to me

MP> What would the rdfs:comment (description) of ParameterInstance be if
we did this?
> Current rdfs:comment [1]: "The Automation Parameter Instance resource"
Seems like current comment is of limited value, it could either stay (as
it is accurate) or provide a little bit more meaning such as "specifies
name/value pairs"

MP> haven't such as the resource shape of the value resource), but coming
up
> with a description that can cover both (and would make sense in a
context-
> less RDFS review) would help seeing if it works or not.
Maybe prepending some qualifier to current shape description such as ""A
resource representing an
individual input or output parameter instance for another resource, for
example in Automation an Automation Request or
Result. Automation Requests and Results may have 0 or more parameter
instances. "
The last statement is clearly about Auto requests and results, which could
be left as it already has context or remove the sentence altogether as
this is covered in the Req/Res sections.

Thanks,
Steve Speicher
IBM Rational Software
OSLC - Lifecycle integration inspired by the web ->
http://open-services.net

"Oslc-Automation" <oslc-automation-bounces at open-services.net> wrote on
03/18/2014 12:53:12 PM:

http://open-services.net/wiki/automation/OSLC-Automation-Specification-