[Oslc-Automation] Actions 2.0 updates

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 18 21:40:46 EDT 2014

The following is now live:

1: I defined the immediate execution dialog output.  Re-reading it, it
doesn't give a client any way to know whether or not the action succeeded,
which "seems like a problem" so I'll probably take another pass at it
unless others think that's a fine state of affairs ("fire and forget").

2: I updated the resource definition tables to match the text (very little
to do there - just added httpVersion, IIRC).  I did not generate shapes
yet, but what's there is sufficient IMO for review purposes.

3: I updated the Appendix B in-line examples to reflect the current text.

Martin: what do you want to do with the contents of the ODT at the end of
App B?  Has that been effectively superseded by your Auto 2.1 wiki
content, or does that need revising as well (if so, are you able to make
the revisions)?

I *did not* deal with the fixed body/auto request change, since I liked
Martin's "what's wrong with 201 on FB then?" reaction and I want a bit
more time to consider it.  Given that it's really all about how to write
the normative text rather than changing intent, I'm unafraid to get some
reviews started (and I have some folks I'm going to push it to on Wed).

I *did not* add examples (yet) for the other interaction patterns.  Most
people are interested in "mainline" ones AutoReq and empty body, so with
those covered already plus a "here's how you mix them together" example, I
think reviews should proceed.
I *did not* create a core vocabulary revision yet.  I found a couple of
things that bug me a whit (ala the ParameterInstance question), and
depending on how those shake out the core changes would change.  I think
fleshing out the examples will make it obvious what I saw (what I found
jumped out when I wrote down all the IPs on 1 page) and provide a more
concrete starting point for discussing what (if any) changes we feel are
necessary.