[Oslc-Automation] Actions 2.0: additional provider constraints reference from Automation Request IP to Fixed Body IP appears to be dangling

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 18 13:01:44 EDT 2014

[1] says (under its recognition rule): it MUST adhere to the provider
restrictions of the HTTP request with fixed body interaction pattern,

Following my nose to the fixed body section [2], I fall off of known space
looking for the restrictions.  I know we probably missed a change from
"restrictions" to "constraints", but at this point *only* [1] has the
"addl provider constraints" heading or anything similar.

Is the statement in [1] simply vacuous at this point, so I should remove
it?  Martin, my guess is that you are the mostly likely expert in this
section of the material.  AFAIK it's only you and I that have been mucking
with the actions/IP text in this area.

I don't see anything about http:body in [1], so I'm suspecting that it
should be referring back to the recognition rule for FB instead of the to
its "provider restrictions".  I can tilt my head such that "provider
restrictions" comes to mean the http:body linkage, but it does give me a
crick in the neck doing so.  I doubt anyone outside the WG would
reasonably read it that way.

[1]
http://open-services.net/wiki/core/Exposing-arbitrary-actions-on-RDF-resources/#pattern-autoreq
[2]