[Oslc-Automation] Future versions of OSLC Automation spec at OASIS - proposed WG resolution

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 6 13:21:31 EST 2014

+1 for >> Auto 2.1 @ OASIS
You didn't mention the availability scenarios.  Based on previous WG
discussions, I read your proposal (through its silence) to leave the
availability work in OSLC Automation WG for now, which I agree continues
to make sense - if we assume that the Automation TC's drafts will be based
on Core 3.0, it's likely that ...even if we had scenarios today, which I
haven't heard anyone assert ... a first draft of OASIS Automation would
not be viable before say September (and *that* is probably quite
aggressive).  We can still make progress on Availability in this WG while
the TC forms and the Core 3 specs are written.  As the TC recruits members
and chooses what to focus on, we can decide if/when the availability work
transitions.