[Oslc-Automation] First draft Availability Vocabulary/ public holiday in Germany

Tim Friessinger TFRIESS at de.ibm.com
Wed Jun 18 10:35:09 EDT 2014

Hello,

this Thursday we have a public holiday in Germany, so Jürgen and I will not
be able to attend the OSLC Automation Meeting.

Nevertheless I've uploaded my first working draft of the Availability Vocab
to the wiki:
http://open-services.net/wiki/automation/OSLC-Availability-Vocabulary/

It reflects some of the updates/ changes I've done to the spec draft (but
not all). I think these changes are a good start for a discussion on the
next Meeting or via mail.
These are the changes I've made, that are reflected by the vocabulary:

General things:
---
(1) suggested namespace is now "oslc-availability". :)

AvailabilityResource:
---
(1) Removed dcterms:contributor as link from an AvailabilityResource to an
AutomationPlan, will be replaced by oslc:action.
(2) Removed oslc-availability:actualCondition (reference to
AvailabilityCondition resource), replaced by oslc_asset:state, because it
is basically the same.
	(Quote: Used to indicate the state of the asset based on values
defined by the service provider. This specification does not define the
resource for this property, however it should contain a dcterms:title
property. )
	In the Avail vocab I specify that the range for this property in the
context of Availability has to be an
oslc-availability:AvailabilityCondition, which will contain the
dcterms:title property.
(3) memberOf: "It is expected that the target of this link will be of type
Availability Group (or its sub-type Redundancy Group), but this is not
necessarily the case." added.

AvailabilityCondition:
---
(1) Renamed "rtoTarget to rtoRequirement. I think Martin mentioned that a
property with name "target" could be misunderstood in a way, that a
consumer could use this property to achieve a target. I hope "requirement"
is more precise.
(2) {compound, current, desired}State: Added "It is expected that this will
be a resource reference to a definition of a valid target type on the
service provider.".
(3) mttf, mttr: Suggestion was to be more precise about the type here. So
first I thought about making this an Integer and specify, that the property
will the mean time to XYZ in milliseconds. But then I discovered the
ems:Measure.
	So I added "It is likely that the target resource will be an
ems:Measure, but that is not necessarily the case." to the description of
this property. (ems:Measure is part of the OSLC Estimation and Measurement
domain).

AvailabilityGroup:
---
(1) Removed AEC property, since not required for the scenarios.
(2) Renamed currentlyActive to numberActiveMembers, to more reflect the
reason for this property.
(3) SLA: Suggestion was to add "It is expected that this will be a resource
reference to a definition of a valid target type on the service provider."
to the description, but I think the SLA property should be used as a
reference to a document containing the service level agreements (or
containing the SLA itself). So I added this to the properties description "
This  can be a String or even a reference to a document, containing the
Service Level Agreement. How such a SLA is modelled in detail, is not part
of this specification.".

RedundancyGroup:
---
(1) Still not sure if I should use the subClassOf here, pointing to
AvailabilityGroup. We should discuss this.
(2) Renamed {max, min}ActiveTarget to {max, min}ActiveMembers. Target could
be missunderstood (see above). Maybe {min, max}ActiveMemberRequirement
would be even more precise, but from a gut feeling this property name would
be too long?
(3) redundancyCapability: Updated properties description to "An indication
of level of redundancy provided by this group.
	Calculated by the formula # group members – minActiveMembers – #
offline/ failed members.".
(4) synchronizationType: Updated properties description to "Information
about how this group's members synchronize each other.
It is expected that this will be a resource reference to a definition of a
valid target type on the service provider.".

RedundancyMember:
---
(1) Still not sure if I should use the subClassOf here, pointing to
AvailabilitResource. We should discuss this.
(2) redundancyRole: Updated properties description to "Specifies the role
of a resource in the context of Availability in terms of redundancy, for
example if the resource is a master or a slave component.
It is expected that this will be a resource reference to a definition of a
valid target type on the service provider."

Thanks for reading! :)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Tim Friessinger

System Automation for z/OS Development
IBM Software Group, Tivoli
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany

 Phone:            49-7031-16-2535                IBM Deutschland                            (Embedded
                                                                                           image moved
                                                                                              to file:
                                                                                         pic56634.gif)

 E-Mail:           tfriess at de.ibm.com             Schoenaicher Str. 220