[Oslc-Automation] Issues to close/discuss at next meeting (was: action items from today's meeting all done)

Martin P Pain martinpain at uk.ibm.com
Wed Jul 30 06:28:27 EDT 2014

At the next meeting (whether that's this week or next week), having
reviewed all of the below issues, I will propose that we:
Split Auto-2.0 post-finalization issue 15 out into two issues (15 and 16),
16 tracking the "latest version" link, as that is unrelated. [1]
Approve the changes made for issues 15 and (the new) 16, moving them to
"CLOSED".
Approve changes made for Auto-2.1 convergence issue 1. (See [2], [3], [4])
Approve changes made for Auto-2.1 convergence issue 2 (Same as Auto-2.0
post-finalization issue 15)
Add the futureAction on resource shapes scenario to the Actions scenarios
page (hopefully a copy-and-paste with minimal changes from the mailing
list thread). [This doesn't really need a proposal.]
Add a link from the Automation-2.1 Future Actions section [6] to the Core
Future Actions section [7] (for the text "Note: Core Actions mentions
other uses of future actions."). [Therefore not approving Auto-2.1
convergence issue 3 (on page [2]) until after this change has been made.]
In [7] change "an action B whose type list matches the type list of A " to
"an action B with an oslc_auto:executes property pointing to A". See the
diagram at [6]. Also, I'm not sure about the phrase "messy reality". Just
ending the sentence with "and clients have to tolerate that" I think would
communicate the intention just as clearly. And perhaps use the word
"guarantees" in place of "iron-clad promises".
Assign out actions to review the changes made to Auto-2.0 finalization
issues 2 through 14 so we can close them.
Decide whether to: mark all the Actions-2.0 development issues [8] as
"closed", adding a comment to that section saying that they have not had
been individually reviewed & approved, as they were during development and
will (hopefully) be caught during review if there is a problem, OR agree
to leave them as "resolved". (An alternative is to assign out actions to
review them, but I do not suggest we do this - I know I don't have the
time, I don't expect anyone else does either.) I've just noticed that we
don't define a "closed" state on this page - I propose that we add it for
consistency.

My actions from the previous meeting [5]:
Small text change to Actions 2.0 has already been applied
Incorrect resolution has been removed

At the meeting on 7th August (or the first meeting after that date where
Tim and/or Juergen are present) we will need to settle on and clarify our
end-of-life/transition plan. I believe this is solely the decision as to
whether Availability stays at the open-services.net WG until it is
finished, or moves to the OASIS TC first.

I believe that's everything arising from the minutes last meeting.
(Although there have been other topics on the mailing list). Except when
the next meeting will be - I will send out another email about that.

[1]
http://open-services.net/wiki/automation/Automation-Specification-Version-2.0-Issues/#Issues-after-V2-Finalization
[2]
http://open-services.net/wiki/automation/Automation-Specification-Version-2.1-Issues/#converge
[3] http://open-services.net/wiki/automation/File:auto.rdf/
[4] http://open-services.net/wiki/automation/OSLC-Automation-Vocabulary/
[5] http://open-services.net/wiki/automation/AutomationMeetings20140717/
[6]
http://open-services.net/wiki/automation/OSLC-Automation-Specification-Version-2.1/#Discovering-actions-that-will-be-executable-after-an-Automation-Request-completes
[7] http://open-services.net/wiki/core/Actions-2.0/#Future-actions
[8] http://open-services.net/wiki/core/Actions-2.0-Issues/

Martin Pain
Software Developer - Green Hat
Rational Test Virtualization Server, Rational Test Control Panel
OASIS Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration - Automation technical
committee chair

E-mail: martinpain at uk.ibm.com
Find me on:  and within IBM on:

IBM United Kingdom Limited