[Oslc-Automation] First draft Availability Vocabulary/ public holiday in Germany

John Arwe johnarwe at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 8 09:27:25 EDT 2014

Martin > I can't fine anything in EMS that defines lengths of times.

Perf Mon re-used EMS and I'm pretty sure we dealt with times by re-using
terms from QUDT and/or dbpedia (my memory is hazy 2 years later).  The
spec and examples should provide sufficient breadcrumbs.  QUDT is kind of
scary at first (like many existing big vocabularies), but with hip waders
and some time the fishing is pretty good since it's oriented towards
units.  Dbpedia is somewhat the "huge ball of everything" fall-back.

My comments attached.  It became clear to me that earlier comments have
been lost or ignored, which seemed to come through in Martin's comments as
well.  That needs to stop happening if you intend to hold reviewers
attention (i.e. time invested).  open-services.net lacks any form of
comment tracking system; OASIS does have a JIRA instance if you want to
move this work to the TC, although to be honest from past experience the
pain of those systems can be at least as bad as the problem it tries to
fix.  OTOH failing to resolve comments won't make the comments go away,
although it might have that effect on the current set of reviewers - and
that won't help your case come Core WG review time.

Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure OSLC Lead